Welcome to Weight Loss In Calgary site!
Becoming over weight, not just obese, can lead to major health risks such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, sleep apnea, increased blood sugar levels leading to insulin resistance and many more preventable diseases and conditions.
Willpower, schooling and the proper fat loss program all help, but they are usually not enough.
Maybe you have visited a bariatrics specialist to discuss possible surgical procedures to finally lose the weight by gastric bypass surgery or the gastric lap band.
But do you really want your belly stapled? Do you realize how dangerous this surgery is and how a lot of difficulties arise from this invasive surgical treatment just about every year?
Even lipo to get rid of stubborn cellulite has its risks.
It’s the best to make sure you explored all the non-surgical methods to shed excess weight before heading under the knife, but there are many ways to get rid of those extra inches and some of them can be simply as hazardous as surgical procedure.
Like for example, weight reduction tablets or starvation diets. In some people losing weight can turn into obsession and create eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia which left untreated may, and frequently do lead to death.
There are alternative options to unsafe prescription pills and over the counter weight loss solutions that are confirmed to work, and, it all starts with education.
In fact you don’t need to go through many long and boring books about the mechanics of weight reduction, know your body mass index (BMI) or even to know a ton about fat, calories, protein, carbohydrates or any various complex data about how our body works.
But there is some simple information on how our body process food, particularly glucose that can open up your eyes on how to finally shed body weight and keep it off for the rest of your life and that is what Weight Loss In Calgary is all about.
Below is a short directory for weight loss in Calgary :
Chances are rather great you may be looking for a local weight loss center or plan to help you meet your weight loss goals, right?
Been there, completed that!
You may have counted calories, avoided fat or starches, taken weight loss supplements, tried the Atkins diet plan, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Jazzercise or the newest Hollywood miracle remedy for dropping weight but with restricted results, and that’s okay.
We tried them too. We lost weight and put it back on faster than before so again, I really feel your frustration.
Now here is the thing. You must lose the pounds simply because obesity will kill you. Even if you are just 20 – 40 pounds overweight you are doing damage to your body and increasing your chance of heart disease, type two diabetes, even strokes.
Not to point out the havoc that added weight performs on your joints.
So, we realize that being obese is not healthful but we have to additionally remember that dropping pounds can be risky as well.
And, an obsession with it can lead to eating problems such as anorexia or bulimia, both can lead to killing you so you need to get this thing under control in a safe way and as soon as possible.
And, that is where we come in.
We have most wonderful content articles on the Weight loss in Calgary website and most outstanding recommendations.
No matter if you are in Calgary or any city in between, there is something here for you and we know that you can be on your way to the body you always dreamed of in no time.
Can it be easy? Perhaps not as easy as most reduce weight programs try and make it out to be, but it is not difficult nor is it complicated, so long as you follow a tried and proven method. But seriously, you have found the place you need to be if you want to lose weight and keep it off.
We will take a look at nutrition, physical exercise and of course, your diet.
We will also check some of the most common weight loss programs out there and address what may, or may not be great about them.
Let me share here some post pregnancy tips with you:
I had 3 children and after each one it got much harder to lose weight. There are however important things to consider not only after delivery, but during pregnancy as well that will help you lose those stubborn pregnancy pounds.
Here is a great article on things to consider:
Post pregnancy weight loss is a common goal for most women who have just had a baby. If you’re one of them, you are probably looking forward to fitting back into your regular wardrobe after months of wearing maternity clothes. However, losing those extra pounds is usually much easier said than done, particularly if you are trying to juggle the demands of a newborn as well as everything else in your life.
Hopefully while you were pregnant, you were careful to eat foods that were high in nutrition to give you baby the best possible start in life. Now that your baby is born it is really important that you continue healthy eating habits. This is particularly crucial if you are breast-feeing your baby. But in order to reach your post pregnancy weight loss goals you will need to make some adjustments.
Following are some guidelines for healthy and safe post pregnancy weight loss:
• Choose foods which are low in fat and high in nutrition. Primary food choices for your post pregnancy weight loss should be fresh (or frozen) fruits and vegetables, beans and whole grains, low-fat dairy products and lean meats including skinless chicken, pork and beef. Small amounts of healthy fat such as unsalted nuts or olive oil should be included in your diet as well.
• Keep foods which are highly processed and high in fat, sugar, and / or salt out of your diet as much as possible. They provide very little nutrition and have a lot of calories and sodium, which will not help your post pregnancy weight loss efforts. If those foods are difficult for you to resist, don’t set yourself up for temptation. Instead, don’t buy them and don’t keep any of them in your home.
• Keep your portions small. Some people find that it helps to use smaller plates so the portions look bigger. Don’t skip meals – you need all your energy and all the nutrition. In fact, to boost your post pregnancy weight loss efforts you may want to eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day. This will help keep you from getting so hungry, and will also keep your metabolism higher.
• Don’t eat when you are not truly hungry. Having a newborn to take care of can be stressful at times. For many women, food is a source of emotional comfort when they are feeling stressed or upset or frustrated. If you find yourself reaching for food due to emotion rather than hunger, find an activity to distract yourself. You may want to put the baby in the stroller and go for a walk, or pick up the phone and chat with a supportive friend.
• Get back into a good exercise routine. If there were no complications with your delivery, such as having a C-section or other delivery issues, and if you were exercising regularly while you were pregnant, you should be able to get back into exercising within a few days of giving birth. If you have any concerns or if you weren’t exercising before, it is best to talk to your doctor first.
• Don’t rush the post pregnancy weight loss. Too many women want to lose weight as fast as possible, which is neither realistic nor healthy. A good rule of thumb is to aim for a slow and steady weight loss of one to two pounds a week. Losing more weight than that is usually just water weight and will quickly return. Losing weight more slowly will help you to keep it off over the long term.